The blogs, media outlets and now retail shops have all been buzzing about the latest and greatest health and wellness benefits regarding the use of CBD and Hemp Supplement products. With all this excitement surrounding a new alternative, the clear-cut lines separating the truth from marketing hype is still a bit blurry…
In this article, we’ll try to clarify some of the true benefits backed by scientific research regarding these 2 new super-powered ingredients making such a large impact on the industry!
Ok, first things first… What exactly is Hemp Seed Oil?
In December of 2018, Congress passed what is known as Hemp Farming Act, an update on the Farm Bill that lifted several restrictions on the cultivation of hemp/cannabis plants in the United States. Hemp Seed oil is the result of seeds from the Cannabis sativa plant seeds being mechanically pressed to produce oil. The seeds are typically cleaned to 99.99% before the process begins which helps keep the THC levels down below the legal limit when tested. The term “Full-Spectrum” in Hemp farming means the entire plant was used instead of isolating just the seeds.
Food-grade hemp oil must contain less than 0.3% of THC oil according to this study on Cannabis sativa (Hemp) Seeds. This “super” supplement caught the attention of researchers due to the extremely high nutrient dense profile. Hemp oil contains naturally occurring Omega - 3, Omega - 6 and Omega - 9, which are rich in essential fatty acids with a plethora of health benefits surrounding heart, nerve and brain protection in scientific literature spanning decades of research.
Another, less discussed, topic when researching Hemp based products is how the seeds are handled and the ingredients are extracted for supplementation. The wrong method could result in a THC concentration of 1250% above the legal limit, which could be detrimental to drug tests conducted for athletes and potential employers. It’s important to know the source and process of extraction. We recommend the Soxhlet extraction method for being consistent and within legal use range of 0.3% consistently.
Next, lets discuss CBD and why it is different…
The process to produce CBD oil is the result of the Hemp plant being soaked in a solvent (usually grain alcohol), and after the material has soaked, cannabinoids and CBD is what remains. When soaking agent evaporates, what's left behind is pure CBD oil.
When reviewing CBD products, reading scientific studies and looking for specific dosages, the biggest thing to know is your “why”. What reasons have brought you to consider implementing CBD into your daily routine? Are you suffering from excessive back or leg pain? Restlessness at night that affects your sleep? Inflammation in your joints? The list of reported benefits extends well into most common problems related to alleviating pain, supporting relaxation and reducing symptoms to tolerable levels of minor aches and pains. Many supporters of CBD wish to seek alternatives other than prescription medications, because of common symptoms tied to longterm complications and the rising cost.
Finally, lets break it all down...
Below is a list of some of the most noteworthy benefits we’ve compiled on each ingredient through research:
6 Benefits of using Hemp derived products
- Rich in nutrient dense vitamins and minerals for people looking for a complete vitamin panel*
- Contains high-quality amino acids for a complete protein source*
- Combats excess Free Radicals found in the body*
- Great for temporarily reducing inflammation in the joints*
- Supports relaxation and deep restful sleep in adults*
- Promotes healthy heart and nerve function with essential fatty acids*
5 Benefits of using CBD focused treatments:
- Research shows evidence is preventing the severity of diabetes, and in some cases reversing type 2. (1)
- Can help with boosting the sensitivity of neurotransmitters, thus resulting in benefiting those with neurological disorders. (2)
- Has shown to aid in preventing the spread of cancerous cells. (3)
- Contains remarkable anti-inflammatory properties potentially helping those suffering from
- excessive acne (4) and arthritis.
- Can help alleviate anxiety and depression (5), further research is finding is that sufferers are looking to alternatives, due to the risk of becoming dependent on these medications leading to addiction. (6)
We hope that this has answered some of your questions regarding Hemp and CBD. We strive to keep up to date on the latest studies and research findings.
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE. FOR BEST RESULTS SUPPLEMENTS SHOULD BE TAKEN AS DIRECTED OVER TIME, AT MAXIMUM DOSAGE IN CONJUNCTION WITH A HEALTHY DIET AND REGULAR EXERCISE PROGRAM. RESULTS MAY VARY.